The New Year is almost upon us, and there is no better way to kick it off than by booking a New Year’s Resolutio reservation. SanLuisObispoVacations.com offers 37 choices in downtown San Luis Obispo hotels, and access to prime California adventures and life-impacting experiences to fit some of the most common resolutions.
Whether the goal for 2011 is to learn about wine or to learn to surf, to tour California historic monuments (such as Hearst Castle, Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, and Morro Rock) or tour the scenic Central Coast by bike, kayak or boat, San Luis Obispo is the sunny destination where dreams (and resolutions) can come true.
Conquer Top Ten New Year’s Resolutions with a San Luis Obispo Vacation:
1. Eat Better: Shop the world-famous Thursday evening Farmer’s Market or eat organic, local and seasonal fare at local restaurants. January is Restaurant Month, with select restaurants featuring three-course menus for $30.
2. Develop My Palate: Tour San Luis Obispo’s scenic wine country, taste award-winning wines, attend seminars and wine festivals, and take home a wine club membership for continued education.
3. Try Something New: San Luis Obispo is the ideal location to test your hand at surfing, stand-up paddling, hot air ballooning, scuba diving or other outdoor adventures.
4. Save Money: January may be considered “off-season,” but in still-sunny San Luis Obispo, it means “more for less.” Relish in the smaller crowds at local attractions and enjoy lower rates on accommodations as well!
5. Spend Quality Time with (family, wife, significant other): San Luis Obispo abounds with unique activities for romantic or family getaways. Stroll the Avila pier at sunset, have a picnic in wine country, take the kids to the Children’s Museum or rent bikes and hit the scenic Bob Jones City to Sea Trail.
6. Get Outside More: With more than 6,500 acres of protected open space, San Luis Obispo is perfect for exploring hiking or mountain biking trails, beach combing, nature watching, and enjoying the sunshine and ocean breezes.
7. Get in Shape: Home to Team HTC-Columbia (the #1-ranked professional US cycling team) and host to races of all kinds throughout the year, the local terrain offers runners, cyclists, climbers, and water sports enthusiasts challenges as rewarding as the vistas.
8. Go Somewhere Spectacular: With breathtaking Big Sur views, the one-of-a-kind Hearst Castle, and other hidden treasures such as waterfalls, sea coves and caves, and wildflower-strewn hillsides in close proximity to your downtown San Luis Obispohotel, inspiration awaits around every corner.
9. Develop a Hobby: Become a wine connoisseur; take up bird watching or whale watching, walk a historical tour of the downtown’s landmarks, or give plein aire painting a try at a picturesque park or seaside bluff.
10. Take a Memorable Trip: Visit San Luis Obispo, CA! Conveniently positioned halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, charming downtown San Luis Obispo, CA is the cultural hub of the scenic Central Coast of California. The city’s over 30 downtown hotels—including B&Bs, boutique inns, larger chain hotels and economy lodges—provide the ideal home base for day trips and excursions to city, county and region-wide attractions. San Luis Obispo Vacations(.com) also offers monthly hotel-stay giveaways (a $500 value) to e-newsletter subscribers. To enter, visit: SanLuisObispoVacations.com/2-night-giveaway.php.
For more details about hotel accommodations, events, and attractions in San Luis Obispo, CA, visit: www.sanluisobispovacations.com