Lemons – 10 Tangy Ways to Healthier in 2016…
When life gives you lemons, take the lemons and make a resolution to be healthier in 2016. Already the perfectly tangy addition to an assortment of food and beverages, lemons also provide an entire host of health benefits. Both easy to do and easy to enjoy, lemons are the answer to a healthier new year.
In a new video with Megan Roosevelt, Founder of Healthy Grocery Girl® and spokesperson for Limoneira’s Lemons for Life™, Megan shares a number of these healthy tips: Lemons-Health.
Limoneira suggests consuming one lemon a day (juice or pulp) to jumpstart or refresh a healthy lifestyle. Adding a daily lemon can benefit health in the following ways:
- Naturally restore the body’s pH levels: Lemons are alkaline-forming in the body and aid in restoring balance in a body’s pH levels.
- Fight infections and colds: The high content of vitamin C in lemons work to fight and prevent colds and infections.
- Liver detox: In addition to flushing out toxins throughout the body, lemons work to stimulate and detoxify the liver.
- Strengthen blood vessels: The bioflavonoid in lemons are handy for aiding in high blood pressure treatment because they can help strengthen blood vessels and prevent internal hemorrhage.
- Reduce inflammation and pain: A powerful and natural dissolvent of uric acid, lemons help to reduce pain and inflammation in the joints, helping to prevent inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis.
- Anti-aging benefit: The vitamin C in lemons helps it to neutralize free radicals, which are linked to aging and disease.
- Regulate digestion: Lemons can help regulate digestion by increasing the production of digestive juices.
- Potential anticancer properties: High in antioxidants, lemons are thought to protect cells from the formation of cancer cells and may also slow the growth of cancer cells.
- Lower cholesterol: Lemons are a good source of pectin, a soluble fiber that protects cardiovascular health.
- Prevent kidney stones: Consuming lemons can help raise citrate levels in urine, helping prevent the formation of future kidney stones, calcium deposits and gallstones.
“Lemons are among the healthiest and most accessible products people can buy from any market,” said John Carter, Limoneira’s Director of Global Sales. “That’s really the best part – lemons are so easy to integrate into everyday lifestyle.”
To learn more about Limoneira lemons, please visit www.limoneira.com. To learn more about Limoneira’s health partners and to discover other global opinion leaders, please visit limoneira.com/unleash/opinion-leaders.