8 Beauty Products You Can Replace with Coconut Oil…
I have been a dedicated coconut oil user for several years… this article just came across my desk, and offered a few other options for using the miracle oil in my beauty routine! Check it out…
The winter woes of dry skin, dehydrated hair and cracked lips can certainly leave a girl feeling less like her normal, beautiful self. I’m sure you’ve heard of the many health benefits of Coconut Oil (and the millions of ways you can use it), but this jack-of-all-trades product becomes the beauty maven’s BFF during the winter months. Switching from your standard beauty products to Coconut Oil will not only save you tons of money, but will help to revitalize and rejuvenate your look.
So, start your spring cleaning early! Give Coconut Oil a try and replace the below 8 products that are taking up room in your bathroom vanity:
- Daily Moisturizer – Coconut Oil is known to moisturize the skin just as well, if not better, than most lotions. It’s made up of Medium Chain Fatty Acids that enhance the moisture barrier of your skin, further protecting it from dryness
- Eye Makeup Remover – Remove stubborn eye makeup by dabbing coconut oil on a cotton ball. It’s a safe and natural alternative to some of the harsh chemicals found in generic makeup removers
- Deep Conditioner – Coconut Oil contains proteins not found in other hair oils, helping hair retain its natural moisture and make it stronger
- Chapstick – Mix coconut oil with less than a teaspoon of sugar to exfoliate cracked lips
- Frizz Fighter – Forget the sprays and simply tame the frizz with a dime-sized drop of coconut oil
- Wrinkle Cream – Apply under eyes to help prevent wrinkles and hydrate the skin
- Teeth Whitener – Ever try oil pulling? By swishing a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for 10-15 minutes a day, you’ll have a brighter smile and even improved oral health
- Shaving Cream – Not only can coconut oil replace shaving cream, but it also soothes sensitive skin as an added bonus. Razor burn be gone!
I have tried and use Carrington Farms Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Besides a full-size jar, they offer single-serve paks, which are great for traveling, or having in a desk at the office. With the single-serve option, Carrington makes it so adding coconut oil to your beauty regimen is simple as pie!
If you have any other suggestions for Coconut Oil uses, let me know 🙂