DIY Beauty Product – Tinted CocoOrange Lip Balm Recipe…
This Tinted CocoOrange Lip Balm is made with Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil, and is a medium-weight lip balm… refreshing and hydrating.
Tinted CocoOrange Lip Balm
2 tsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
1 tsp Shea Butter
1 tsp Castor Oil
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Beet, Hibiscus, or Alkanet root powder
1 loose leaf tea bag (you might also use cheesecloth & cooking twine)
1 ½ tsp Beeswax
1 tsp Honey
1/2 tsp Vitamin E
4 drops Orange Essential Oil
- Put the coconut oil and shea butter into an empty 8oz canning jar, and place in a pan filled with several inches of water. Melt over low heat.
- Add the castor oil and olive oil.
- Pour the beet, hibiscus or alkanet root powder into the empty tea bag. Add the tea bag to the oil. Use a spoon to submerge the bag, if needed. Allow the tea bag to steep for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on how saturated to want to color to be. Remove the bag and discard. Set aside the tinted oil.
- Next, place an empty 4 oz canning jar in a pan filled with several inches of water. Add the beeswax and melt over low heat.
- Add the tinted oil and remaining ingredients. Stir by hand until all of the ingredients are blended.
Yields 2.5oz. Transfer to a container for storage.